30 Signs You Are A True Ringer
30 ways to tell you are a true Lord of the Rings/Hobbit fan!
1. You own a replica of the One Ring
And if you've tried throwing it in the fire to see what happened.
2. You own all of the extended editions.
And can quote them of course.
3. You have Elvish names for all of the knives in your house.
I call my fake daggers 'Draug Carak' meaning Wolf Fang.
4. You want the Silmarillion to be a movie.
5. You favorite music is a Middle-earth theme or credit song.
And if you've taken the time to write down and memorize the lyrics.
6. You quote the movies and smile to yourself when you realize someone has said a lotr quote.
Example: The other day my friend said: "Not that I can see." and I smiled because its what Dwalin says in Unexpected Journey.
7. When someone insults your eating habits you respond with: "I'm better than the Dwarves."
Honestly, I'd rather have the Dwarves eating with me than my family members because that would be awesome!!!
8. You recite the Ring Poem when you're bored.
Why? Because I can!
9. You believe your home is in New Zealand.
10. You speak fluent Dwarvish, Elvish, Black Speech and have a really good English/Scottish accent.
And then it's weird when people look at you like your crazy and you realize that you said something they can't understand.
11. You read ordinary words as words of Middle-earth.
Example: In your head, "Token", "Numerator" and "Habit" translate to "Tolkien", "Numenor" and "Hobbit".
12. You have something similar to the image below on your wall.
13. You've read the books... a lot.
Who hasn't, right?
14. Carrots and potatoes aren't just food anymore.
Seriously, seeing someone eating potatoes and you start laughing. So awkward!
15. You freak when someone criticizes Tolkien or Peter Jackson.
"Just.. just don't speak to me. You're clearly not capable of understanding a great work of art when you see one. [Yell an Elvish insult]"
16. You have a "No admittance" sign on your house, a "Speak friend and enter" sign on your bedroom door and a "You shall not pass" sign on the door where the dog barks when people come to visit.
Don't worry if you do, people think you're weird but you're not alone.
17. You call special things "My precioussssss...."
The other day my friend tried to take my book away to stop me reading. Well... I snatched it up to me and you know what I said.
18. You cry at every death- even though you know they're coming.
You should have at least cried the first time.
19. When someone asks you your favorite sport you respond with: "Middle-earthian warfare."
"Specifically archery and fencing. Although, dagger spinning is awesome. Oh, and don't forget axes... Oh! Oh, and battering rams."
20. You can never see spiders the same way again.
They're just... tiny Shelobs and spawn of the giant spiders of Mirkwood after all, right?
21. You bough a $20 calligraphy pen just to write Elvish quotes.
And if you have a back up one and a back up for your back up pen because you never know when you might forget, lose, run out of ink, etc.
22. You cry every time you watch ROTK and BOTFA.
Theoden, Gollum, Denethor, Fili, Kili,Thorin...
23. When you see this cheese you smile because it brings back memories.
The meeting of Strider and the 'chance meeting' of Gandalf and Thorin.
24. You know the names of some of the extras and everyone in the crew: artists, designers, script writers, producers, editors, etc.
And you know that the little girl listening to Bilbo's story in FOTR is also a waitress in the flashback at the beginning of DOS.
25. You know the birthday,age, height and weight of most of the cast.
Peter Jackson: Height: 5'7" Birthday: October 31, 1961 Age: 54
26. You will never see a plain old wedding ring the same way again.
Seeing a Ring, thinking: "Could that be it? It is the One? I should steal it while they're sleeping and throw it in the fire? What if it is the One? Should I take it to Mordor? Of course! Ok, I must be Frodo then if I'm the Ring bearer. Who will be Sam, Merry Pippin, Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf and Boromir?
27. Now, you are always disappointed by real fireworks.
Because they will never be dragons or butterflies.
28. You always order second breakfast, no matter where you are or who is with you.
And then they look at you weird or if they know LOTR they smile but never actually bring it. Always disappointing.
29. You know 'Evil Eye' doesn't even begin to describe Sauron.
My friend: Look! We both drew an evil eye! Me: This isn't an evil eye. This is Sauron. He is the darkest, most terrible force in Middle-earth with unbelievable dark powers. He tricked all of the races of by giving them rings... [continues to describe Sauron] My friend: Soo... an evil eye.
30. You still find the movies amazing, even though you've seen them 1,000 times.
I still can't wait for my favorite scenes and quotes, or fear when I know a death is coming.